There are these fabulous, tasty and simple salads. This tuna salad is one of them. It’s quick to make with just a few ingredients, and in summer it’s great to take on a picnic or serve for lunch. Add some toasted bread and a glass of white wine, and “buon appetito”!
- 1 large tin of tuna in olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 70 g black olives, pitted
- 1 red pepper
- 480 g white beans
- 2 tbsp squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bunch leaf parsley
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Sea salt
- 8 tbsp Il circolo extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the onion into small pieces and the pepper into short strips. Chop the parsley more or less finely according to taste.
- Blanch and peel the white beans. If using tinned beans, wash them and drain well.
- Mix everything with the tuna in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with salt and chilli.
- Serve with bread toasted in olive oil.