In Mediterranean cuisine the onion plays an important role. Raw or fried, mostly you will find it as the base of a dish. In this recipe it stars as the main character though. Make sure you buy a good quality onion.
- 1 kg white onions
- (Wild) oregano
- Il circolo extra vergine olive oil
- Preheat the oven at about 150 degree Celsius
- Cut the onions into wedges
- Place them on a baking tray
- Season with salt
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle with (wild) oregano and il circolo extra vergine olive oil
If you like spicy, you can add some chilli flakes.