December is the season for lemons and for baking. This recipe in Mediterranean style uses olive oil instead of butter. It is easy and fun to make these biscuits. So, let’s heat the oven and start baking!
- 190 g of flour
- 1 egg
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 60 ml of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 ° C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Grate the lemon peel and squeeze the juice. If you like the taste not too strong then half a teaspoon of zest and 50/100 ml of juice will suffice.
- Take the juice and beat it with the egg and granulated sugar. Add the grated zest , the olive oil and mix well.
- In a second bowl sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the lemon olive oil and mix well.
- With a spoon scoop some dough on the baking tray covered with baking paper,
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the biscuits are gold brown.
- Leave to cool on a wired rack.
- A few drops of il circolo olive oil with lemon aroma in your dough ensures a taste explosion.