Salmon smothered in fresh herbs like dill, thyme, rosemary and parsley. You really need to try this easy salmon oven recipe. It is a winner.
- 1 kg salmon fillet (250 g per person )
- 100 g breadcrumbs, or slices of old bread
- Parsley, 4 sprigs
- Dill, 2 sprigs
- Thyme 4 sprigs
- Rosemary 2 sprigs
- Grated peel from 1 lemon
- 50 ml il circolo extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp white peppercorns
- Fine salt
- Preheat the oven to 190° C
- Cut the bread into pieces and put it into a mixer, add the dill, thyme leaves, rosemary and the parsley. Next add il circolo extra vergine olive oil, lemon zest, salt and white pepper until you have coarsely chopped breadcrumbs and herbs paste
- Cleam the salmon fillets by remove the skin with a thin-bladed knife. Next, remove the bones using kitchen tongs. Then transfer the fillets to a baking tray lined with greaseproof bakingpaper and cover the fillets evenly with the breadcrumbs. (use your hands to make the breadcrumb mixture stick well
- Place the baking tray with the salmon in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. The crust looks golden brown now.
- Before serving, drizzle some il circolo extra vergine olive oil on the crispy salmon. Serve warm.
- Alternatively, drizzle a few drops of il circolo lemon infused olive oil over the salmon before serving.
- With a metal meat skewer you can test whether the salmon is ready. Stick the skewer in the thickest part of your salmon and wait for a moment. Pull the skewer out and feel the temperature. If the metal is cold the salmon still needs some time. The salmon is ready when the metal feels warm (not hot, that means it is overdone).