Would you like to prepare a seafood dish? But you don’t have time or want the hassle of scaling and fishbones? Gambas make a delicious alternative that is easy to prepare and a feast for the eye.
- 12 Gambas
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp il circolo extra vergine olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the gambas and clean them by removing the intestines (for more details, see under tips).
- Wash the parsley and chop it finely.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- In a small bowl mix the lemon juice with parsley, the finely chopped garlic and il circolo extra vergine olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the cleaned gambas in an ovenproof dish and cover with 3/4 of the lemon olive oil mixture.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the gambas so that they remain juicy. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When ready, drizzle the gambas with the rest of the lemon olive oil mixture, and serve them piping hot.
- For removing the intestines: cut into the back of the gamba with a small knife, from the head to the tail. The intestines look like a dark vein. Pull it out gently with the tip of the knife or a toothpick. Rinse the gambas once more with cold water so all remnants of the intestines are completely removed. This will help your gambas taste much better.
- For an extra fresh note, drizzle a few drops of il circolo lemon oil over the dish.