This dish makes us instantly cheerful. It is maybe not typical Italian but reminiscent of a sunny summer’s day on the Mediterranean. You don’t have too much work and it is full of flavour.
- 200 g Feta cheese
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 10 pitted black olives
- Oregano to taste
- Il circolo extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oven to 180° C
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Peel the red onion and cut into thin slices.
- Put the tomato and onion in a bowl with the black olives. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top and a pinch of salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Place the whole feta in the middle of a small oven dish and the rest of the ingredients around it.
- Drizzle with olive oil and half a tablespoon of oregano.
- Bake the feta for about 30 -35 minutes, or until the cheese, onions and tomatoes are soft and golden brown.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes (cut in small pieces) for more flavour.
- Drizzle the dish a few drops of il circolo chili oil after it has come out of the oven to spice it up.