This orange chocolate cake with olive oil is surprisingly delicious and yet very easy to prepare. Its secret is the combination of bittersweet orange marmalade, strong olive oil, and the rich flavour of dark chocolate.
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 300 g white sugar
- 160 ml il circolo extra vergine olive oil
- 170 g orange marmalade
- grated peel only of one orange (untreated)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 260 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120 g dark chocolate (70% oder more)
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Stir eggs and sugar in a bowl until creamy. Add orange zest, extra virgin olive oil and orange marmalade.
- Mix cocoa, flour and instant baking powder in a second bowl and then mix with the egg mixture. Finally, add a pinch of salt and the bitter chocolate, grated with a coarse grater, and mix again.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased and floured baking tin with a diameter of 24 cm.
- Bake at 180 °C in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to check whether the cake is done. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven, place it on a wire rack and let it cool completely. When cool dust lightly with icing sugar.
- If you want to use a baking tin with a diameter of 20 cm, you can half the quantities of all ingredients.