Cauliflower and chickpea soup with turmeric is a delicious first course that will warm you up from the inside when it’s cold and uncomfortable outside. It’s super healthy and nutritious, and suitable for those who prefer a vegetarian diet.
- 1 cauliflower cut in florets
- 250 g cooked chickpeas
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 1 white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cm freshly grated ginger
- 400 ml hot water
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- To prepare the cauliflower and chickpea soup with turmeric, start by finely chopping the onion.
- Brown the onion in a saucepan with the oil and crushed garlic clove.
- Add the turmeric, grated ginger and stir, allowing it to take on flavour for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the cauliflower, cover with water and cook until tender.
- Add the chickpeas and the vegetable stock cube. Leave to absorb flavour for a few minutes.
- Blend about half of the soup with a hand blender. Then mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cauliflower and chickpea soup with turmeric to serving plates and serve with chopped fresh parsley and a drizzle of il circolo extra vergine olive oil to taste.
- If you like it spicy, use cayenne pepper instead of black pepper.
- A few drops of il circolo chilli oil will also add extra spicyness.
- For variation, you can also use coriander instead of parsley.